100 Station Parade, Harrogate North Yorkshire, HG1 1HQ
Telephone: 01423 561 566

practice history

Practice History

A Harrogate institution, we are one of the longest established osteopathic practices in the country. Started by American osteopath Dr JR MacConney in 1925, the practice has continued to thrive and expand ever since, and has been located in a large Victorian building on the corner of Station Parade and Robert Street, opposite Waitrose, since 1983.

List of principals who have worked in the practice.

1925-1930 Dr JR McConney DOM M-TD DC (USA)

Who practised at 6 Harlow Moor Drive

1930-1934 Dr RB Spalding DO

1934-1941 Stanley W Ratcliffe DO (USA)
Who practised at 32 Victoria Ave then at 1 Leeds Rd

1941-1948 John Bullus DO who later practised for many years in Leeds

1948 -1973 Roger Farrant DO who practised first at 1 Leeds Rd then 10 Park Ave and finally 2 Carlton Rd.

1973 to date Tom Cree; who worked at Carlton Rd until 1983, when the practice moved to its present address in the centre of Harrogate.

Harlow Moor Drive Harrogate32 Victoria Avenue Harrogate1 Leeds Road Harrogate10 Park Avenue Harrogate